Social Action Tikun Olam Committee
This group runs Social Action programming such as food drives, clothing collections, backpacks for disadvantaged children and also facilitates educational programming and involvement about Social Action Tikun Olam (repairing the world) for all of the synagogue including adults and for our Talmud Torah children. The committee is co-chaired by Mara Brosler and Sue Nerenberg. For further information and to get involved, please contact the synagogue office at 203-268-6940.
Keep a look out for information on these programs and tzedakah projects Social Action will be running the first half of the school year.
- Monthly backpacks done by Talmud Torah students for needy Bridgeport students
- Winter warmth for families in need
- Redeemable can and bottle drive to support Talmud Torah
- Soda can tab collection to support Ronald McDonald House
- Veteran’s Day collection
- Blessing Bags to be made by the students